2019 Cabernet Sauvignon728 Barrel Select
After months of barrel samplings and blending trials, winemaker Jeff Ames selected 5 barrels to combine for this limited release reserve. The Rockmere 728 offers a plush, predominantly black fruit foundation of blackcurrant, plumb, and blackberry. Complementing the fruit, you may detect hints of espresso bean, lavender, and nutmeg through an incredibly long finish. After 28 months of barrel aging and an additional 7 months of bottle anging, the result is a full bodied wine with a harmonious tannin structure. Pair the 728 with a steak or braised lamb.
As with our 2019 estate Cabernet, 728 can be cellared for 15-20 years. However if you’re in the mood for a younger, more opulent style wine, this is ready to enjoy now.
Robert Parker - Wine Advocate: 95 points
- Blend100% Cabernet Sauvignon, 67% Clone 337 - 33% Clone 15
- WinemakerJeff Ames
- RegionNapa Valley
- VineyardRockmere Vineyards
- Oak80% New French Oak
- Aging / Cooperage60% Taransaud, 40% Darnajou; Barreled 28 months, bottled 7 months
- Brix at Harvest25.9
- Release DateOctober 20, 2022
- Harvest DateOctober 6, 2019
- Production121 cases