2019 Cabernet SauvignonEstate
Tasting Notes -
Across the valley, Napa's 2019 vintage for Cabernet is showcasing notes of both black and red fruit. Rockmere’s 2019 is no different - layering blackcurrant and blackberry with red cherry. Hints of sage, rosemary, and lavender complement the fruit character nicely thanks to the vineyard’s rocky soil.
The wine also maintains a firm structure while added time in French oak barrels (28 months), provides a long, velvety finish. Similar to last year’s bottling, the ’19 will thrive in the cellar for 15-20 years. However, no fear, the wine opens beautifully as soon as it’s uncorked!
Robert Parker - Wine Advocate: 93 points
- Blend100% Cabernet Sauvignon, 88% Clone 337 – 12% Clone 15
- WinemakerJeff Ames
- RegionNapa Valley
- VineyardRockmere Vineyards
- Oak58% New French Oak
- Aging / Cooperage63% Taransaud, 37% Darnajou; Barreled 28 months, bottled 7 months
- Brix at Harvest25.3
- Release DateOctober 20, 2022
- Harvest DateOctober 6, 2019
- Production483 cases